Memberships and Networks
RBCS is a member of several organisations which give us access to good practice, advice and other resources:
- Making Music, the national organisation for amateur music. The choir’s constitution has been approved by Making Music as being consistent with the legal requirements placed on charitable organisations.
- Southwark Arts Forum, which networks us into other local artistic organisations and artists of all kinds.
- Community Action Southwark, which gives us access to training and good practice for community organisations.
- BRDP (Bermondsey & Rotherhithe Development Partnership) which provides advice and introductions particularly related to funding sources.
- The choir has worked with the Brunel Tunnel Museum in Rotherhithe on a recent project, and with the BSAP (Bermondsey Street Area Partnership) and seeks to work with other local organisations on future projects. We are grateful to our two local churches St James, Bermondsey and St Mary’s, Rotherhithe for hosting our end of term concerts.
RBCS is proud to have had financial support from a number of local organisations to help with running costs, fund local singing projects and invest in our choral scores library. This has enabled us to extend our musical range, increase the number of performances and build up our repertoire of locally-relevant musical works. Their support has enabled us, singers and audiences to thrill to the musical delight of performing with our own chamber orchestra and the excitement of presenting several premiere performances: